Monday, June 2, 2014

6/2/14

week 21

Hello family and friends!! This week we had a miracle happen! We were contacting wednesday and we found 4 young men at a house. 3 brothers and 1 cousin. They are 14, 17, 19, and 25. They all listened really closely to our message and after the first lesson, they all accepted baptism for the 14th. We have been over there everyday since just talking to them and teaching them. The 17 year old, Felipe, really has grown to love the book of Mormon. One day, Elder Hatch and I were on exchanges and we read 2 Nephi 31 with them. We talked about, faith, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. The Spirit was so strong and definitly touched my heart. 

They live right by our house, so thats a 40 minute walk to church. We told them we would walk by their house at 7:15 to walk with us. They said that would be fine. So we got up and walked to their house Sunday morning. I expected them to still be getting ready, and probably still in bed. But when we got to their street, they were waiting for us! In the street!! Wow! They are setting a good example to me! And none of them complained either! And they all really loved church so I really do believe they will be baptized next Saturday!! 

So Elder Hatch and I went on exchanges this week again. 2 kinda new americans is always fun. Sometimes we look at each other and just laugh because we didnt understand something, but I love it! He has been in brasil for 3 months and he his accent is so good!! When im with him i just keep saying ´´dont compare´´ haha because he is truly amazing at Portuguese too. With me, I can understand usually almost everything that people say. Not everything, but i think im close. My accent is pretty thick so ill be focusing on that a couple weeks. 

And yesterday we went on exchanges with the young men. Yesterday I went with a 14 year old! The same age as dillon! wow haha. We taught 5 lessons. We went to less actives and recent converts so they could help him out. All went well.

This week was pretty good and we found elects!

Com Amor,
Elder Marstella 

No comments:

Post a Comment