Monday, February 24, 2014

2/24/14

Wow wow wow... what a week and a half! I was so sad when i heard i couldn't email home last Wednesday. Anyways this is how its been. the day before i left the ctm we had a all Portuguese orientation... the Americans didn't understand like any of it haha. we left the ctm at 630am the day after for the airport. left at 9, got to cuiaba at 10:30 cuiaba time. the flight was actually 2 hours because their is a time zone difference. We had orientation at the mission house in Cuiaba, and that night at 1030 i was on a bus towards Sinop. It was a 10 hour bus ride and the seats layed all the way back so i pretty much slept the whole time. I met my new companion for 12 weeks. His name is Elder M. Machado. He is from Esprito Santo, Victoria, Brazil. He knows English pretty well so he is able to help me a lot. 

So this week in Sinop... I absolutely love it here! The people are awesome. and oh my goodness, this place makes me humble myself. To me they pretty much have nothing, but they are all happy and love it here. No house has ac, other than the main roads here its all dirt roads. Lots and lots and lots of walking everyday. haha Oh and i forgot sunscreen so the 1st 2 days i just got fried. then we had lunch at the branch presidents house and he told us that we need to go get screen right away. so i got some. haha but it was R$39. which is like $18 American. Its crazy. We contact (knock on doors. well clap at gates. here they leave their door open but they have a gate so we just clap at the gate and they come out) for probably 3 hours a day. sometimes more. We have run into amazing people. We have one investigator that we met on Friday and he came to church yesterday. He is 18 so we can relate. My Portuguese is improving but right now its seriously so little haha but I'm trying not to get discouraged. Hopefully in these next couple weeks we will have a couple baptisms. here in Brazil they have to go to church twice before getting baptized so that's the hard part. but we have faith in our investigators!!  My companion is super funny and loves singing. Starting this week we are only going to talk in Portuguese so that'll force me to think in Portuguese all the time! 

I love it here and wouldn't rather be anywhere else!! I think about home when i pray, but I'm so glad I'm here!! Everyone should read Alma 33:4-11 this week. It talks Zenos talks about prayer and that God always does hear your prayers. I know God hears our prayers, that's why I'm here on a mission!! I love the scriptures, i love Brazil, i love the people of Brazil, i love my companion, i love my mission, i love y'all, and i love my mom!! I'll talk to you next week and tell y'all how I'm doing. Thanks for all the love and support!! Everyone have a good week and pray everyday, morning and night!! Tchau!

Love you mom!!

Com Amor,

Elder Marstella 

No comments:

Post a Comment