Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/5/14

Oi amigos e familias!!! Como vocês estaõ?? This week has been pretty good!! The highlight of this week was when my 8 person American district went proselyting  for the first time. We each had 3 Book of Mormons to hand out. Our instructor took us to a park in São Paulo and just told us to start!! I was nervous but I wasn't really scared. Me and my companion handed out 3 really fast then we found a guy who spoke English and was trying to Bible bash us for like 30 minutes. We kept saying we needed to go but he kept saying read this verse real quick. Anyways haha we ended up giving 1 away on the way back to the bus and then we gave away 2 on the bus! It was really cool and people could tell that spirit was so strong even with our broken caveman Portuguese. I cant wait til i can do that everyday!!
 
So I heard about the Super Bowl... I wanted the Broncos to win but it just fell apart. haha its funny when you're a missionary and none of that stuff really matters to you. Next year will be the Cowboys year for sure!! Somebody let me know how the mavs are doing though! On Sunday we had a devotional from some guy with a weird last name so I'm not sure who it was. haha but his talk was about faith. faith faith faith. I love talking about faith, that's why I'm here. Faith brings the power that we need to have as missionaries. Then he said to end his talk, ´´dont let anyone lessen your faith.´´ I loved his talk a lot!!
 
Then we had another devotional last night. When it was suppose to start, President Swensen came to the pulpit and said the taxi driver forgot to pick up the area 70 elder from the airport. We all just laughed. We sang hymns until he arrived so that was kinda nice to just relax. Then he arrived and started talking right away. His talk was about Don´t be afraid. Just BELIEVE.   I loved his talk a lot. his last name was difficult to understand as well so i didn't get it either, but he is an area 70. One thing that stood out to me in his talk was no matter how hard you are struggling with the language, everyone understands a smile. I was like that's just for me!! I love to smile and I'm not that good at Portuguese yet!! It was an awesome talk.
 
My district is awesome. I love my district so much. Each one of them is amazing. We still got a lot of work to do towards Portuguese, but learning Portuguese with people you love much more enjoyable. We get along too well... haha we get distracted really easily but we can work on that.
 
Ohhh this week in our district we had a testimony meeting. It was one of the strongest feelings of the spirit I've ever felt. I talked about Grandpa and his amazing example to me and i shared his favorite scripture in proverbs. Trust the Lord with all thine Heart, lean not unto your own understanding.
 
Well i love you all so much!! I love you MOM!! Ill talk to y'all next week!!  Boa sorte essa semana.
 
Com Amor,
 
Elder Marstella

No comments:

Post a Comment