Monday, February 23, 2015

2/16/15

week 57

Well, this week was one of the toughest weeks on the mission. This week I had to stay in bed for 2 and a half days with a fever of 102.2 degrees. Then Saturday night, I recieved a phone call from Chase that my Grandfather, has passed away. When I recieved that phone call I became really sad and was kinda depressed. But on of the elders in my district, Elder Neves, came over and started to talk to me. He lost his grandma 2 or 3 weeks ago, so he knows these feelings. He really helped alot. Saturday and Yesterday I was thinking about the Lord´s Plan of Salvation. His plan is perfect. Just in the moment of hardships or death, it seems sad. For us, yes, because we love him it is sad. But its not that kinda sad when you lose someone, its that kinda sad when you say ´´ill see you later´´, but just in that moment when they leave (for example your child going to college) its sad. We will always be thinking about Poppy and the legacy he has left us. Through our Heavenly Father´s Plan, he has given all of us the opportunity to live with our beloved family members again. In Matthew 16:19 Christ gives the keys to the Priesthood to Peter. Whatever he did with this authority, this power of God would be bound on earth and in heaven. But unfortunately this authority was lost in the Great Apostasy. Now, a marriage is only til death do we part. Thats because any marriage that ends here on earth was made with this Priesthood. But through the Prophet Joseph Smith, who recieved this Priesthood from Peter, James, and John, we have this authority and power again here on earth! How wonderful?! Here on earth, a marriage in the Temple isnt just ´til death do we part´, but literally for eternity. We can sealed to our kids. Our Parents. To our Family. I know this is true. I know we have a Loving Heavenly Father who wants all of us to return to him with our families. I know ill see my grandfather again. Our family is forever. Im so thankful that the missionaries so many years ago taught him about this sacred gospel. And im so thankful to be here in Brasil, spreading this same messages with the families we are teaching here. That death isn´t the end. 

I know that Christ died for us, and 3 days later he rose. I have a huge testimony of the Atonement of our Savior. That through His Atonement, we can all be saved and live with him. He did his part, now we need to do our part- Follow the Path He showed. 1) Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, 2) Repentance, 3) Baptism, 4) Recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and 5) Endure to the End. 

To my family, I love you all. Have a wonderful time at his funeral and make sure to tell him for me that I love him, and before he knows it, we will all be together again!

I´m so grateful for my family, especially this week. I hope all can become a little closer with their families throught this message. 

Com Amor, 
Elder Marstella 

No comments:

Post a Comment